COVID-19 INFORMATION AND PROCEDURES
The Information below is intended as a guide for prospective guests, but please contact us directly should you wish to discuss any aspect of your proposed stay with us.
- All of our guest bedrooms have been thoroughly cleaned during the time that we have remained closed.
- In addition rooms will be further thoroughly cleaned in the 24 hours prior to guest arrival.
- There will be a significant increase in our cleaning regime after a guest departure and the cleaning of bedrooms with anti bacterial spray will be even more rigorous with focus on high touch items, such as chairs, handles, taps, switches and remotes.
- Anti bacterial spray will also be provided for use during your stay.
- Please note that we do not accept credit or debit cards, but we do accept cash.
- Alternatively, it is suggested that payment is made by bank transfer prior to your arrival and to this end would suggest that all guests contact us by telephone preferably at least 24 hours prior to arrival so that arrangements can be discussed.
- Please note that guest’s luggage will only be handled on arrival by request.
Safety of Guests
- Social distancing rules will apply throughout the property. Currently at the time of writing this is for Guests to be 1 metre apart, but this may be changed to reflect any change in the rules.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available for guests use at the entrance into the main house and at the entrance to the rooms and our barn annexe.
We would respectfully suggest that you use this each time you enter or leave your room during your stay.
- It is strongly recommended that guests bring their own hand sanitizer for use during their stay.
- Bedrooms will not be accessed by us during a guest stay unless requested.
- Non essential items such as magazines, guest information and brochures will be removed from guest bedrooms so please ask if you require any information.
- Additional towels, toiletries and bottled water will be available during your stay on request.
- Please feel free to read any of the books in your room and take with you when you leave.
In the past we have provided a buffet table where guests can help themselves to cereals, fresh fruit salad, compotes, yoghurts, cheese etc., plus a pre ordered cooked breakfast with choice would then have been served to guests.
For the time being there will be no buffet table and guests will be requested to place orders for cereals, fruit salad etc the night before, which will then be provided at your individual table together with a cooked breakfast.
Individual condiments, jam, marmalade etc will also be available at each individual table.
Social distancing rules will again apply in the Breakfast Room.
We appreciate that, during your stay, pubs, restaurants and cafes may be still closed, but do not despair as we have a number of suggestions for you to consider!
Whilst we do not normally serve evening meals we will be providing 2 or 3 course picnics (with guests bringing their own wine or beverages). Menus can be discussed with guests prior to arrival, and the picnics will need to be ordered in advance.
Alternatively, simpler fare, such as sandwiches can be provided.
We have a number of areas where guests can eat these picnics.
- In our lovely gardens, if the weather is fine
- In our Thai House, which is a large timber clad gazebo in the garden.
- In the Breakfast Room area, which is our large and airy Garden Room
A number of local restaurants are providing takeaways, ranging from sandwiches through kebabs, Indians, pizzas, Chinese, etc. We will be able to provide guests with information and again there is a range of places where they can be consumed.
Out of consideration for future guests we prefer that any takeaways/picnics should not be eaten in your bedroom.
Things to do during your stay
We have available at the property our all-weather tennis court for guest use and a small croquet lawn.
For walking there are a number of footpaths which run from close to the property and countless footpaths and bridleways in the near vicinity. We can provide you with advice, suggestions and maps.
Local attractions are being gradually re-opened and we can give you advice and help and our suggestions.
There are a number of local Wine Estates which are open including Albourne, Bolney, Ridgeview, Court Garden Vinyard, Ditchling and Rathfinny, Alfriston some of which do picnics.
So, if you seek a getaway after the long lockdown then we have plenty on offer and would be very happy to discuss your individual requirements and give as much help and advice as needed.
We look forward to meeting you!
Mike & Susie Skinner